-Amateurs Hope; Professionals Work-
We use toxic free chemicals
to keep harms way far away from your
- Why should you get your gutters cleaned?
Gutters that become clogged can cause all kinds of problems with your home. Below you will find some helpful information on this subject:
- Clogged gutters can cause water to accumulate around the foundation of your home, and consequently, seep into your basement causing water damage.
- Clogged gutters can fill with twigs and other debris causing them to pull away from their attachments, resulting in loosened gutters.
- Clogged gutters in areas during the winter where it freezes, can cause what we call ice-dams. It is when water flows over the sides of the gutters and freezes, forcing water into your home. In some instances the ice-dam can become so weighed down, they can rip the gutter right off your home.
- Clogged gutters can become welcoming to carpenter ants, mosquitos, birds, and even rodents. If these vermin are living in your gutters, there is a good possibility they will make their way into your home.
- About how often should you clean your gutters?
As with other home upkeep responsibilities, the scheduling of cleaning gutters can help lengthen its life and decrease other damage. Gutters ought to be cleaned at least twice a year.
At the beginning of fall – during this time the leaves will be arid and easier to remove. When it rains, the water will run freely through the gutter and into the downspout ensuring little to no harm to the gutter. Also since there is no debris to be whooshed down the downspout, it will not become clogged, making it easier to clean out.
At the beginning of spring – cleaning the gutters during this time will again prepare it for directing the water brought by spring rains.
** However, if you have any of the following conditions, you might consider modifying the frequency:
- If you reside in a hot, dry desert environment, or a place without any foliage or plants near your home, you may only need to clean your gutters once a year.
- If your home is surrounded by lots of trees, your gutters may need to be cleaned more frequently.
- If you live in snowy, icy environment, and notice any ice-dams or leaks, you should get a professional to remove the debris or fix the leak.
Before calling for an estimate for our Window or Gutter Services you should:
- Decide what you want cleaned (windows):
- Total number of panes to be cleaned
- Exterior windows cleaned (If you have a fence, please leave at least one gate unlocked, so we can access all windows. To be safe, please keep any pets that have access to the yard inside.)
- ** Interior windows cleaned (Please remove any breakables off the sills. We’ll need access to the glass, so moving furniture will be greatly appreciated)
- Window Sills
** For any Interior window cleaning, we do ask that the homeowner be present. (We will clean interior windows first, so you can leave before completion of other services, if you have other obligations.)
2. Determine the following (gutters):
- Type of shingles on your roof (tile, wood-shake, composite, asphalt…)
- Is your roof walkable (for info. on how to determine this, go to our gutters tab)
- What kind of gutter guards if any (snap-on or screw-on)
- Two story home or one story
** For those with Androids, or iPhones, below are two helpful apps to assist you in determining if your roof is walkable. They are: iHandy Level & Pitch Gauge.
TRUE SOLUTIONS, Gutter and window cleaners in the area of Russell, Kansas and all cities within 70 miles of Russell. If you need our service Now. Give us a call for a free estimate. Check our service area page